“If you have one good idea, people will lend you twenty.” – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach, Born Sep. 13, 1830.
One of the best things about operating via conversations with your audience is that you almost never need to be creative.
Plant a seed, and people will grow it into a crop of their their troubles. They will discuss all their problems with each other. They will detail their distress.
And that is how you know what solutions are needed.
Find solutions you can sell them, or better yet, make your own.
There are a multitude of benefits of making your own solutions for your audience, based on what they are asking for.
And that's where Marie's quote comes in. In a very short time, you'll have way more, and way better ideas for products and service offerings from your loyal fan base than you've ever had yourself in your whole life.
Of course, that doesn't mean you can't take credit for the solutions once you make them, right?
But really, you should give the thanks and the gratitude to your loyal audience. Continue that ongoing conversation that shows them you are here to listen, to solve, and to SERVE.
Here are a few specific ways that your audience can assist you in creating brand new products and services, and why that can be even better than using your own ideas:
1. As mentioned, you don't have to come up with the idea yourself.
2. It feels custom made for them, which they like.
3. It has exclusivity.
4. They are more than willing to pay you up front to create it for them.
5. It's super easy to sell it to them, because they already want it before it exists.
7. It creates a continuity, where they have an expectation that this relationship will continue – where they bring you problems, and you provide solutions for sale.
And as we’ve discussed before, that keeps the conversation going. The next time they get stuck, they come right to you for help.