“It is the emergence of mass media which makes possible the use of propaganda techniques on a societal scale.” – Jacques Ellul, Born Jan. 6, 1912.
I say often that being able to persuade other people is about as close as you can get to having a real life superpower.
It makes life easier. It makes one successful and well-liked. It can even make one wealthy. But it has a limited range without technological help.
When spoken, a loudspeaker can increase your effective range. A recording could extend it further. Broadcast extends it yet further still.
When written, a single copy of your message can spread your influence. Multiple copies can spread it further and longer.
Now there is I nstant access to your information from anywhere in the world by practically anyone who wants it? What can that do?
With the advent of cheap social media and cheap mobile content creation devices, anyone with the power of persuasion can be practically a demigod.
You can control your own little hive-mind, with a small (or large) army of loyal followers acting like individual brain cells.
What can you do with this power?
Change the world?
Rise to power?
Start a cult?
At a minimum you can start a business. Selling anything.
The power of nearly unlimited reach is available to anyone.
There are almost no excuses left not to leverage this power.
The only missing ingredient might be lacking the skills to effectively persuade with your words.
But that's ok. That's why you're reading this now.
Need a checklist of things you should be doing to utilize a d exploit this here Miracle machine? Try these.
1. Create purchasable digital product. Audio, video, ebooks, whatever.
2. Create sales material to sell those products.
3. Create messages that promote those sales pages.
4. Distribute those messages wherever you’re allowed to and publish them yourself.
5. Create a way for followers and future buyers to subscribe and get your messages directly.
6. Automate and repurpose the content and products above to create more.
7. Give your audience a place to interact with fellow fans.
That’s pretty much it. Rinse repeat. Comment below. Thanks for reading!